Mazuri® Tortoise Diet 25lb
Mazuri® Tortoise Diet is a high-fiber tortoise food for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This tortoise food offers complete nutrition in pellet form and is suitable as a reptile food for other herbivorous reptiles as well.
Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, wheat middlings, cane molasses, dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat germ, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, calcium carbonate, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), biotin, cholecalciferol, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, folic acid, riboflavin, preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, nicotinic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, citric acid, l-lysine, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.
- Feed approximately 2-4% of body weight.
- It is not necessary to moisten pellets with water, though it may help acclimate animals to the diet.
- Feed consumption will vary with environmental temperatures, activity and lifestage.
- Provide good quality grass hay or browse.
- If desired, feed fresh fruits and vegetables.
- At most 5% fruit and 20% vegetables by weight of total diet.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water. Proper humidity levels are also critical for
health and proper growth of herbivorous reptiles.*
*Relevant research information:
Wiesner, C.S. and C. Iben, 2003. Influence of environmental humidity and dietary protein on pyramidal growth of carapaces in African spurred tortoises (Geochelone sulcate). JAPAN. 87:66-74.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Features & Benefits
- High fiber level.
- Contains natural vitamin E.
- Extruded pellet form – Minimizes wastage and creates a more natural feeding environment.
- Complete nutrition – No vitamin or mineral supplementation needed.
- Natural source antioxidants – No ethoxyquin.
Product Form: Extruded pellet: 1/2″ x 3/4″ length.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Dimensions||24.25 × 3.75 × 14.5 in|